Saturday, January 5, 2013

Time to Expound

So there I was, in a rut. It sucked. 
That was a poem I just wrote for all (2?) of you.

I'm really only blogging right now because I'm at my parents house with a few minutes to spare and I only really do this whole thing when I have access to an actual computer. So... yeah.

Well, I guess I'll tell you about life in recent times!
I think I'll start this story at the end, and then go to the beginning, periodically returning to the end, perhaps with other character's perspectives throughout. Otherwise it's just sort of a linear--
"JUST TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!"
Okay, okay.
So there I was, for months I had been in a rut that was quite similar to the first twenty-four months of post-graduation life. My life was stagnant(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk). I wasn't going anywhere. And then I moved, and things changed. If you wanna know more about that time, then go back a few posts.
And then once again... Stagnancy. I don't think that's a word, but I don't mind it too much. For months, it was just the same old thing everyday, and I wasn't really happy. There were great things that happened in those months, don't get me wrong, it's not like I was in the gall of misery or anything, but the overall theme was that I wasn't where I wanted to be. I wasn't who I wanted to be.
So after a lot of personal reflection, some personal experiences, and a kick-in-the-pants by my best friend, I decided enough was enough. It's never easy to give up things that are comfortable to you, things that you might feel like you need. It is worth it though to take stock of all the things in your life, and really dwell on what makes you happy and what doesn't. That way, you can repurpose yourself: your energies, your emotions, all'a that onto the things that give you peace.
So that's what I did. And it was easier than I thought it would be. Staying focused and putting forth the energy necessary to keep myself where I need to be, and doing what I need to be doing, I've changed a lot of things about my life that I didn't like, and ya know what? I've never been happier :).
I started my mission papers... :D and I'm all set to be ordained an Elder in my church tomorrow. My attitude towards most everything in my life has been altered. Many of my opinions have changed, and I've grown to love and appreciate my friends and family infinitely more- or at least it feels that way. I hope I externalize that enough and make those whom I care about feel thus. (Biblical on yo' vocabulary! Word!)
I wanted to have my papers done by now, but I've been at work everyday during the hours when I need to get my dental and physical examinations done :(. But such is life, things don't work out the way you plan them to sometimes. I will have them done by the end of this next week, though. I hope to be serving the Lord full-time very soon.
Yes, ladies and gentleman, it's actual-really-truly happening :).
Maybe I'll write more in the coming weeks, but maybe I won't :P.
Hope all of you are doing well :) Have a great 2013!!!

Earl out

No comments:

Post a Comment