Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Purple Penguin

I kind of dislike titling these posts.
So the reason I'm blogging so much more frequently nowadays is because I use it as a distraction/venting-thing. I need distractions pretty often it seems :p.
So right now I'm at my parent's house again, and it's so much easier to type/format. I like that.
My shoes looked pretty freaking good yesterday in the snow, it's like they got washed fourty times.
Shout-out to Jaimes for turning 21 today!
Thank goodness for Taking Back Sunday; specifically for writing New American Classic. I cannot ever get enough of that song.
Shout-out to Madd Dawg for getting her mission call to Japan! So excited for you!
I'm unbelievably anxious.
I'm kind of sad.
Why?
'Cuz I'm moving back down to West Jordan in about 10 days... I love being with my family but I've really grown to love most-everything about living on my own in Orem, but it's become impractical considering that my truck just kinda died and I'm now sharing cars with my mom, and I deliver pizzas for a living. Not to mention(which is a silly phrase, because now I'm going to mention said thing) that I'm oh-so-close to getting out on my mission and I could really use some more time to myself to prepare.
But I don't really like having a ton of time to myself :/. I'm pretty lame in that I'm needy for my friends, family, company. Or maybe you don't think that's lame, I dunno. I'm fine being by myself, I just would rather not be most of the time.
Ever since I found out that there is a problem with my nose and all of the crap that comes with it, it's become SO much more noticeable. I'm kinda dying to get this surgery done so that I can move on.
5 days.
5.
Days.

Is there anything else you guys want me to talk about? I know you people exist, because my pageviews keep going up. So speak up! Anonymously, named, I don't care!


I don't know what to write about.
...
.....
Okay, how about this:
I hate feeling helpless. I was driving for work yesterday morning in Orem during a freaking snowstorm and mi madre's tires are bald, and I was sliding ALL OVER THE PLACE. I honestly, within the first 2 minutes of driving, resigned myself to the fact that I was going to get into an accident at work. I'm not joking, I almost called my mother and told her that.
Miracles happen, Ladies and Gentleman.
I didn't get into an accident. I would like to blame it on my impressive snow-driving capabilities, but there's no way. Divine Inter-freaking-vention (which is another great TBS song).

It's going to be really hard moving back up here to West Jordan. I'm going to miss being so close to my surrogate family.
Family members:
Stephen
Joe
Funky
Tayler
Ash
Madd Dawg
Alex
Brandon

Love you guys.

Time is moving on, things are rapidly changing.
I (hopefully-)soon will be serving the people of whichever land I'll be assigned to labor in on my mission for two years.
Two of my best friends are getting married at the beginning of March, congratulations to you guys and gals.
Stephen, Brandon, Tayler, and Joe are continuing their education and starting their own new chapters.
Have fun in FREAKING LONDON AND ROME. Maybe I'll see you there?

I can look forward to all of these things and more, many of which I couldn't begin to fathom, with hope. I know that anything that God causes to happen is for their betterment. Trials, miracles, changes, they all happen to help us. Sometimes it's hard to feel that way when something terrible happens, but it's to make way for something greater and He's always here to help us through it. If we bear the burdens well, we'll be rewarded more than we thought possible. I know these things. It's taken me a long time to develop this perspective and to be able to differentiate between when God has a hand in my life and when I or other people act, for there is often a great difference between what man does and what God does.

I know now that I've made many mistakes recently, some larger than others. -I've been trying to find a way to express this next sentence, but suffice to say: It sucks. I take both comfort and pain in the fact that there's nothing I can do about it now though, and that I need to just try and continue on the path I'm on, and if things are supposed to happen/change, then they will. Not when I want it to, but when He wants it to.

....
Woah. That escalated quickly. Haha, I apologize for turning what was going to be a random collection of thoughts post into one that actually has some of my innermost thoughts. Funny how that happens, eh?
Why am I apologizing? It's my freaking blog!
Haha
It's who I am, and as stated earlier, I'm super imperfect, so deal with it. :P

Earl out?

I might post some old Facebook notes that contained random collections of thoughts as a fun little throw-back post. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. CJ! I read all your back posts but I didn't comment on them. I hope you can forgive me. Good luck with the moving back to the parents' house. It won't be for long. :)

    ReplyDelete